The 22nd International Conference on 3D Web Technology (Web3D 2017) continues to address an extensive range of research, development, and practice related to Web-based 3D Graphics.
In 2017, we welcome works addressing the emerging opportunities and research of portable, integrated information spaces over the web including, but not limited to:
- Emerging WebVR and WebAR capabilities.
- Scalable, interoperable representations and modeling methods for complex geometry, structure, and behaviors.
- 3D similarity search and matching, 3D search interfaces, sketch-based approaches.
- Visualization and exploration of 3D object repositories.
- Scientific and medical visualization, medical simulation and training.
- 3D content creation, analysis tools and pipelines, and 3D classification.
- Annotation, metadata, hyperlinking and Semantic Web for 3D objects and scenes.
- Generative and example-based shape modeling and optimization.
- 3D scanning, 3D reconstruction 3D digitization, and 3D printing.
- Streaming and rendering of large-scale models, animations, and virtual worlds.
- Progressive 3D compression and model optimization.
- Collaborative operation and distributed virtual environments.
- Web-wide human-computer interaction and 3D User Interfaces.
- 3D City Models, Building Information Modeling & Geo-visualization.
- Mixed and Augmented Reality (MAR) including standardization aspects.
- Web3D and associated APIs, toolkits, and frameworks.
- Novel Web3D interaction paradigms for mobile/handheld applications.
- Web based interaction techniques including gesture, pen and voice.
- Agents, animated humanoids, and complex reactive characters.
- Motion capture for composition and streaming of behaviors and expressions.
- Web3D for social networking.
- Script algorithms and programming for lightweight Web3D.
- Network transmission over mobile Internet.
- Server-side 3D engines and cloud-based gaming.
- Architecture support by large Web3D applications for CAD tools and solid modelers.
- Data analysis and intelligent algorithms for big Web3D data.
- Interactive Web 3D applications in all applications and sectors.
Authors are invited to submit full papers (up to 9 pages, including figures and references) or short papers (up to 4 pages, including figures and references) in PDF format.
Papers must be formatted using the document templates for conferences sponsored by ACM SIGGRAPH (see http://www.siggraph.org/learn/instructions-authors). All submissions will be peer-reviewed for quality and contribution by the conference International Program Committee. Submission deadline 27 February 2017 Time zone UTC/GMT-12
To submit a paper using the online submission system, visit the Web3D 2017 EasyChair Page